Why web based practice?
- Colorful pictures and dynamic settings provided by online programs are more attractive to students.
- Students don't need to flip a lot of pages and don't feel that there is no end in sight.
- Students of the Internet generation feel more comfortable practicing math online.
Why this web site?
- Work at your own pace.
- Control what you work on and when you want to work on it.
- Each test set contains 40 or so problems similar to those on a state standardized test.
- Each test set can be timed so that students know how fast they are.
- Skill set problems have all skills listed, and students can choose a flexible number of problems.
- Web grading applies for both test set and skill set format.
- Solutions can be viewed for each problem along with a detailed explanation.
- After each test's results, statistics will be available for parents to find out which skills need improvement.
- Features an organized way of viewing current work and progress.
- For each test or skill set exercise, choose to retry all problems or only the problems answered incorrectly.
- Over 2000 word problems reflecting states standardized test requirements.
- Covers all topics of math for 4th and 5th graders, with an organized list of topics.
- More exercises in 6th grade and above are still being created!
- Pay $30 one time, and have unlimited use of all exercises.
- If you only need to practice non-word problems, we provide you another service which is absolutely free. (click here).
- This web site was created by a father who earned a Master’s Degrees in Mathematics and a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from Ohio State University, and wanted to help his daughter improve in math. After succeeding in doing so, he decided that he would give other parents and their children the same opportunity.
Suggestions for using this website:
- Weekend practice one test set or two test sets. Parents just need to monitor the report page to know how long the student takes, how many problems are correct and in which skills the student requires more practice.
- Weekday practice skill sets (one to twenty problem per day, depending on the student). Students can fix their mistakes by reading the solution.
For teachers: teachers can use this web site free of charge
- You can create an exercise or a test for your class to practice.
- Every exercise and test will be automatically graded for you, and the statistics of the whole class will be available to you.